SurfScreen Internship Positions
Are you interested in learning the ins and outs of a small business? Are you a motivated, passionate student willing to work hands-on in a rapidly growing start up? SurfScreen Organics is looking to fill six internship positions at our local San Diego office. We are a natural, organic sunscreen company focused on providing a safe product to surfers, adventures, and anyone under the sun.
Our positions are open for any college major with the opportunity to receive college credits for summer internship. We expect a commitment of 10-15 hours a week for all internship positions.
Internships will last 12 weeks beginning in mid-May. All positions offer the opportunity for part time employment during the fall and spring semester. Sophomore and Junior college undergraduate students are preferred for our summer internship.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications will be accepted until May 7th Interviews will begin the following week.
Descriptions below describe the duties, experience, and qualifications of the ideal candidate per position. For all positions, knowledge or interest of the surf industry is not required, but a plus. As this is an internship program, we encourage all who are interested to apply. All interns will receive position-specific training.
Event Internship – 2 positions open
- Our Event Interns attend various different events to promote the company and expand community outreach. We are looking for friendly, outgoing and enthusiastic individuals to represent our company.
- Preferred Candidate: Outgoing, punctual, accountable, positive attitude, and team player.
Sales Internship – 2 positions open
- Our Sales Interns will assist our Director of Sales, follow up with our accounts, assist in record keeping, and more.
- Preferred Skills: Sales experience, competent in Excel and Word, excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
Communications Internship – 1 position open
- Our Communications Intern will mainly assist in day-to-day managerial activities. This position will maintain relations and scheduling with our clients, create accurate progress reports, assist with our Ambassador Program, and construct email-marketing campaigns.
- Preferred Skills: excellent communication (written and verbal), competent in Excel and Word, ability to multitask on various projects, and is goal oriented.
Digital Media Intern – 1 position open
- Our Digital Media Intern will assist in social media, graphic design, and digital content.
- Preferred Skills: Must be creative and have experience with adobe platforms (Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.).